Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God's Supplies - T- shirts

As I prayed for God to guide me in what to bring to Haiti, besides the obvious supplies needed for natural disasters, white T-shirts were impressed upon my mind multiple times. I called the church to speak to Michelle to send out an SOS to ask the AWANA  Groups for travel size hygiene items and of course white T-shirts! I must confess, I laughed because underwear was never given to me during my time with the Lord. I took alot of teasing from the group over my asking for  the shirts. Still why white t- shirts? I was amazed at the generous supplies given by the  children in AWANA. God meets our needs! With only a week to gather them, there was a mother lode supplied. There was an issue with packing as there was a lot of medical supplies taking priority. I was adamant the shirts go.  Medicine helps to maintain life but one needs clean water to live.  God is so awesome! Thirst No More teaches people how to filtrate dirty water to clean water using  -white T-shirts!! A white t-shirt helps what we do not question having.  I have experienced God in a tangible way. I have seen Him in His leading me to bring white T-shirt to help the hurting people of Haiti. Edie Marlin

6 comments:

  1. God is truly AWESOME! I have been keeping up with the posts and have been moved by each of them. I wanted you to know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers daily! Thank you for not only helping meet the physical needs of the people in Haiti but also for sharing the love of Christ with them. He is worthy of ALL our praise!

    Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
    Romans 12:12-13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time I visit this site I am overwhelmed. I can hardly imagine the sites, sounds and smells that surround you each day. I pray that you are kept safe and able to rest at night so you can continue to minister to these people who have suffered so much. Thank you for being obedient and sacrificing your time and energy to show the love of Christ to a hurting country. I pray for your safe return and look forward to hearing more about your work there. Beth Province

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy,Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty! Love reading the posts and praying for you and the people of Haiti!!

    Cindy McCorkle

    PS/Proud of my AWANA Kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" Matt 25:40. Thanks to all of you for being the hands, feet, eyes, ears, heart, and soul of Jesus. I know ALL of you have been a blessing to everyone you come in contact with along the journey . . .just as you are a blessing to so many of us in NWA! "Let the Son shine!", Carmen Adkins

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a awesome story! I am praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that for God to impress upon a nurse to take white T-shirts. What a beautiful way to be able to witness that God's pure love and forgiveness filters out the dirt and brings us to The Living Water!

    ReplyDelete